Pages

December 20, 2012

Honoring the Next Generation of Leaders

This evening I had the wonderful opportunity to speak at Mount Pleasant Elementary School for the National Elementary Honor Society Induction Ceremony.  The 32 charter members/inductees were all 4th and 5th grade students who have already proven to their teachers that they take the commitment to scholarship, service, leadership and character seriously.

The ceremony opened with the inductee process for which Ryana Rajesh played the violin. Honor Society Advisor, Mrs. Farmer presided over the ceremony and Delaware Secretary of Education, Mary Murphy served as the keynote speaker.

It was amazing to see the proud parents, family members and friends support these young people who are already on the right path to success.

I shared with the students that this is the beginning of a long journey and that they should commit to being life-long learners and make an honest effort to learn something everyday.  I told the students that education is the cornerstone of all that they will every do and to take it seriously, but to also find time to enjoy elementary school and beyond.

As  an advisor to a college honor society, I truly understand the importance of education and was really impressed that these young people are so focused on education. 

All in all, it was a great evening and I think my fellow pageant sister Amanda Shepard for inviting me and I'm looking forward to going back to Mount Pleasant to speak again.




No comments:

Post a Comment